Director of Product Management @ From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Greater New York City AreaDirector of Product Management @ From September 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 1 month) Product Manager @ Bonobos is a men's clothing company which started exclusively online, but is now moving into traditional brick and mortar stores with
Director of Product Management @ From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Greater New York City AreaDirector of Product Management @ From September 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 1 month) Product Manager @ Bonobos is a men's clothing company which started exclusively online, but is now moving into traditional brick and mortar stores with a partnership with Nordstrom. Until recently, Bonobos has been a relatively "low-tech" company and I joined to help them get a jump start on some key initiatives while more of the technology team is filled out.
• Creating initial algorithms and prototype to recommend clothing items based on a user’s preferences, browsing history, previous purchases, what a user is currently viewing, or items in their cart.
• Building a clothing “genome”, or defining clothing items by important characteristics, styles and categories to allow for personalization and recommendations.
• Helping build out engineering team From March 2012 to September 2012 (7 months) VP Product @ Inform is a digital media technology that instantly adds context to content and improves metrics around traffic, engagement, and revenue. Easy integration and automatic functionality enable publishers to do more with less effort. More than 70 leading media properties, including CBS, CNN, The Economist, and New York Daily News use Inform’s artificial intelligence and natural language processing to add content and context to their sites, as well as increase traffic, engagement and revenue. Inform searches millions of web pages - text, blogs, audio, and video - from across the web and connects them based on common topics. Inform is backed by Spark Capital, The Stephens Group, and Oklahoma Publishing Company.
• Lead development of a system that aggregates and publishes content (text, video, audio, and photos) dynamically based on hundreds of thousands of topics which can power widgets, site sections, or entire websites.
• Work with developers, business development, and our CEO to take new ideas and turn them into products in a structured, efficient manner.
• Create marketing materials and attend pitch meetings to win new business.
• Manage the setup and ongoing product collaboration with Inform’s enterprise media clients. From April 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 10 months) Director of Product @ From September 2009 to April 2010 (8 months) Manager of Business Development @ • Generated new business and maintained relationships with major media publishers including CNN, CBS, NY Daily News, Postmedia (formerly Canwest), and Warner Bros.
• Managed integration of content syndication partnerships with Inform’s dynamic publishing system From May 2009 to September 2009 (5 months) Media Operations Associate @ NameMedia is digital media company that specializes in consolidating and improving valuable online communities, which are organized into verticals that are attractive to major brand advertisers such as Home Depot, Canon, Nikon, and SC Johnson & Son. NameMedia is backed by Highland Capital Partners.
• On-boarded and integrated new acquisitions into NameMedia Network.
• Conducted ad optimization and operations for 15+ niche community sites.
• Researched, analyzed, and reported on ad optimization, web analytics, and financials From April 2008 to May 2009 (1 year 2 months) New Business Assistant @ • Managed the intake and filing of all engagement letters and conflict waivers.
• Designed a more efficient filing/clearance system for all engagement letters and conflict waivers.
• Provided direct support for attorneys and clients From August 2007 to March 2008 (8 months) Admissions Office Senior Intern @ Lead Information Sessions for groups of prospective students ranging in size of 5-200 people. From September 2006 to May 2007 (9 months) Public Policy and Marketing Intern @ • Helped redesign and implement the marketing plan for The Family Van, a non-profit that provides healthcare for poor residents in Boston.
• Worked closely with the executive director on crafting marketing messages for clients, donors, and supporting institutions.
• Researched new healthcare policy initiatives and wrote reports on how The Family Van could be affected.
• Produced brochures, newsletters, and the 2005-2006 Annual Report with a team of staffers. From June 2006 to August 2006 (3 months)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ Columbia University - Columbia Business School From 2014 to 2016 BA, Philosophy @ Vassar College From 2003 to 2007 Andrew Abshere is skilled in: Web Analytics, Ad Serving, Digital Media, Strategic Partnerships, HTML, Advertising, Blogging, Publishing, Product Management, Social Media, Online Marketing, Product Development, Start-ups, Online Advertising, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension