Director in Life Science and Healthcare M&A @ Deloitte
Assistant Director in Corporate Financial Advisory @ Deloitte UK
Financial Analyst @ Michel Dyens & Co.
CIM, Marketing @
London School of Marketing
I am currently working as an Assistant Director within in the Healthcare and Life Science team at Deloitte UK, responsible for the Pharma and Biotech sector. Since completing an MBA from HEC Paris, I spent a year at Michel Dyens & Co Investment Bank in their Healthcare team, where I gained sell-side deal experience. Prior to business
I am currently working as an Assistant Director within in the Healthcare and Life Science team at Deloitte UK, responsible for the Pharma and Biotech sector. Since completing an MBA from HEC Paris, I spent a year at Michel Dyens & Co Investment Bank in their Healthcare team, where I gained sell-side deal experience. Prior to business school, I worked for 5 years in sales and marketing roles in the Pharmaceutical industry, both in the branded and generic sectors.
My work experiences and education have helped me develop strong analytical, quantitative, management, leadership, and communication skills.
Specialties: Sell-side M&A, modelling, sales, supply chain management, negotiation, pharmacovigilance, business planning, business development, product launch planning, promotions, public speaking, pitching
Assistant Director in Corporate Financial Advisory @ Assistant Director in the Deloitte Corporate Financial Advisory team within the Healthcare and Life Sciences sector
- Merger, acquisition and disposal advice to corporates, Private Equity houses and privately owned businesses, entrepreneurs and Government
- Sector expertise across pharmaceutical and biotech industries
- Advice to companies wanting to list on a stock exchange, listed companies on their ongoing obligations and entities wanting to buy public companies
- Liase with specialist teams to provide advice in Valuations, Special Situations, Business Modelling, Economic Consulting and Government & Infrastructure for Healthcare and Life Science companies From January 2012 to Present (4 years) London, United KingdomFinancial Analyst @ • Managed the creation of pitchbooks, teasers, information memorandums and management presentations for 3 ongoing mandates for the Head of Healthcare
• Prepared valuation models using comparables, transaction multiples, SOTP and DCF for successful mandates
• Researched over 400 acquisition targets in emerging markets in generics, biotech, vaccine and OTC sectors and shortlisted 12 targets using criteria such as sales forecast, product pipeline, EBITDA margin and asset holdings From January 2011 to January 2012 (1 year 1 month) Summer Associate @ Creating best practice white paper for bringing drugs to market in the UK.
Wrote and edited documents for UK based market research study. From July 2010 to September 2010 (3 months) Marketing Coordinator @ From October 2009 to May 2010 (8 months) Key Account Executive @ • Negotiated sales contracts with CEO/CFO to supply drugs to 80 independent pharmacies and 9 pharmacy chains
• Developed T-14 Product Launch sales plan for territory and achieved month’s sales target within 1st week
• Produced and implemented business plan leading to 71% growth on territory (Jan–May); 116% of sales target
• Generated 12% increase in sales in independent pharmacies over last 6 months of 2008, ranked 2nd in retail team
• Highest direct order sales in company in 2009 through creation of new sales materials From May 2008 to July 2009 (1 year 3 months) Medical Representative @ • Managed team of 9 people to launch and market an education forum (Target Compliance) for 85 attendees
• Conducted market research project, presented findings to senior managers resulting in customer re-segmentation and nationwide targeting changes for a £4M diabetes drug From 2004 to 2008 (4 years) London, United Kingdom
MBA, Marketing, Strategy @ HEC Paris From 2009 to 2011 CIM, Marketing @ London School of Marketing From 2006 to 2007 BSc (Hons), Biomedical Sciences @ University of Southampton From 2000 to 2004 Merchant Taylors' School From 1995 to 2000 Amar Shah is skilled in: Negotiation, Business Planning, Financial Modeling, Sales, Project Management, Corporate Finance, Financial Analysis, Life Science Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Mergers & Acquisitions, Management, Market Research, Business Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension