Teaching Assistant @ University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Research Assistant @ University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Engineering @
IITT College of Engineering India
IBM Curam V6 certified software developer with an emphasis on developing concurrent, robust and secure applications. Overall 4 years of experience including two and half years of teaching experience and year and half of developing software applications for State benefit programs. Possess knowledge about various technological aspects. Have been working in highly competitive environment. Possess
IBM Curam V6 certified software developer with an emphasis on developing concurrent, robust and secure applications. Overall 4 years of experience including two and half years of teaching experience and year and half of developing software applications for State benefit programs. Possess knowledge about various technological aspects. Have been working in highly competitive environment. Possess excellent communication skills. Fluent in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
Academic Projects and Accomplishments:-
• Project: Compression of DNA sequences Dec 2013
Description: This project aimed to find a better running time of compressing DNA sequences by using huffman coding in C++.
Duration: 6 months (part of course curricular in Master’s degree)
Environment: C++, Codeblocks, Eclipse 3.5
• Project: University database system. Dec 2011
Description: This project aimed at developing a GUI for university system with information stored in database and retrieved data from the GUI using SQL querries.
Duration: 6 months (part of course curricular in Bachelor’s degree)
Environment: JAVA, MySQL workbench 5.2, JDBC.
• Received Chancelor Award in January 2012 for outstanding performance in first semester.
Software Developer @ 1. WorkSafeBC
WorkSafeBC is a Workers Compensation Case management system for the province of British Columbia, Canada. I was involved from the later stage of the project to develop analysis tools for testing and analyzing the various aspects of the major changes involved with the project. This project aimed at modernizing the current CMS system.
• Creating, testing, debugging and implementing automated and reusable testing tools using JAVA, XML, SQL etc.
• Documenting the automated tools.
• Writing JUNITs to test the code.
• Created a Graph modular tool which helps to find module to module mapping and number of calls from diferent modules.
• Writing ANT scripts – to run the analysis tools together.
SNAP is a Supplemental Nutrition Assitance Program for the state of Arkansas. I am currently working on this project and have been involved with it from the beginning of the project.
• Creating, testing, debugging, documenting and implementing code for creation of various aspects of this application based on the FDDs(Functional Design Document) provided.
• Writing JUNITs to test the code.
• Did peer review for the code evaluation.
• Fixed bugs related to the application.
• Developed Disaster SNAP which is a SNAP application used during a Disaster period to provide benefits to the victims affected by a natural disaster in the state of Arkansas.
• Writing TDDs(Technical Design Document) for the major functionalities I worked on. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Teaching Assistant @ Description: Taught Java and Web Development Technologies to undergraduate students at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
• Held Core Java and introduction to Web Development classes and labs weekly.
• Graded Quizzes and assignments weekly.
• Held office hours weekly to help the students with their concerns and helped them improve their programming skills.
Role: Research Assistant
Description: The project is about recogninzing patterns from a set of data and generating a grammer based on SNOMED CT Expressions.
• Developed JAVA programs on Eclipse to get required pattern from the data provided and stored it into files.
• Performed mapping between generated data and SNOMED CT Expressions in HL7 Version to generate the grammer.
• Attended weekly meeting to discuss the improvenment and work done with the professor.
• Submitted a documented project report summarizing the work and results of the research.
Environment: Java 1.6, Eclipse 3.2. From January 2012 to May 2012 (5 months) Greater Milwaukee Area
Looking for a different
Amandeep Kaur Binnar?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension