A seasoned leader in eCommerce and Payments, Alok's experience includes tenures across the entire commerce value chain. He is currently Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer at Verifone (NYSE: PAY). His prior venture Inkiru, Inc. (acquired by Walmart) tackled transactional analytics challenges for merchants and financial institutions with a predictive intelligence platform. He provided technical leadership
A seasoned leader in eCommerce and Payments, Alok's experience includes tenures across the entire commerce value chain. He is currently Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer at Verifone (NYSE: PAY). His prior venture Inkiru, Inc. (acquired by Walmart) tackled transactional analytics challenges for merchants and financial institutions with a predictive intelligence platform. He provided technical leadership in architecture and implementation of key services on the Acquirer System for Credit & Debit Transactions at Visa, Implemented Payments, Fulfillment and Fraud infrastructure for eToys, Built a world-class architecture function that supported and scaled the eBay Marketplace website, Created and led a corporate function focused on defining the technology vision for eBay and creating an interoperable architecture across the various business units, Manage Global Engineering design and development teams that delivered to Fraud loss objectives at PayPal. Alok is an active angel investor in Silicon Valley eCommerce and Payments startups.
Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer @ Responsible for leading Verifone’s global technology and operations, including end-to-end delivery of the company’s hardware, software, services and supply chain functions.
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Verifone is the leader in providing trusted, secure and innovative payment terminals, global payment as a service, and commerce enablement solutions that create more valuable experiences and rich interactions between consumers and merchants. The company's products and services include mobile, countertop and self-service payment devices, software, and web-based gateways. With 5,300 employees worldwide, and partnerships with local distributors, Verifone is able to deliver innovative payment solutions in 150 countries and across vertical markets. From December 2013 to Present (1 year 11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaEntrepreneur @ Invested and provided Executive leadership in Commerce and Payments across early stage startups and F500 businesses.
● Angel Investor, Silicon Valley: Invested and advised commerce and payments startups. Current investments include LendUp, Everwise, Upstream Commerce, Relay Rides and Respondly. Card.io acquired by PayPal, July 2012. Affiliate at Webb Investment Network.
● Advisor, @WalmartLabs (Jun 2013-Dec 2013): Deliver next generation predictive analytics platform.
● Startup Executive: CTO, Rent The Runway, Inc., New York (July 2010-Jan 2011), EVP, Cooliris, Palo Alto (April 2009-June 2010, acquired by Yahoo, Nov 2014): Hire engineering team, develop and operate the technology platform.
● Advisor, MarkMonitor (acquired by Thomson Reuters, Sept 2012), San Francisco, Oct 2008-Mar 2012: Offers comprehensive, end-to-end solutions that enable an enterprise to both establish and defend their brands against multiple online risks. From April 2009 to Present (6 years 7 months) Founder & CEO @ The Inkiru Predictive Intelligence™ platform is an active learning system utilizing live algorithms and data, bringing real-time predictive analytics to big data challenges. Inkiru’s platform transforms customer interactions, augmenting live transaction information with external data, enabling businesses to personalize experiences, improve loyalty, reduce fraud, improve information security, and improve profit.
● Raised Seed Funding Round led by Harrison Metal Capital in July 2011
● Assembled world class Technology and Analytics team
● Signed and serviced large merchants and financial institutions including Citi, Discover, Mercado Libre and One Kings Lane
● Delivered exit in June 2013. Great outcome for Employees and Investors
● GigaOm's Derrick Harris observed, "All of these new capabilities around social, behavioral and mobile data are likely critical to Walmart as it attempts to keep relevant against Amazon and other e-commerce companies that have digital data in their DNA. Walmart has perfected data analysis and the big-box experience in its brick-and-mortar stores, but mastering the digital experience and even fusing that with the in-store experience takes a new set of skills that it seems determined to acquire."
● TechCrunch's Leena Rao noted, "Inkiru’s platform is an active learning system that combines predictive intelligence, data analytics and a decision engine to influence and determine customer interactions. Benefits to using Inkiru include being able to reduce fraud, improve customer segmentation and targeting, and more."
● ZDNet's Liam Tung added, "The big data startup is WalmartLabs' third acquisition since May"
● Pulse 2.0 reported, "Walmart has acquired a predictive intelligence company called Inkiru. The acquisition was made through Walmart’s Silicon Valley innovation incubator @WalmartLabs. Inkiru will be used to accelerate Walmart’s analytics capabilities." From February 2011 to June 2013 (2 years 5 months) Palo Alto, CAVice President, Risk Technology @ Manage Global Engineering design and development teams. Delivered to Fraud loss objectives.
● Scaled the transactional capabilities of the fraud platform.
● Delivered a leading edge roadmap.
● Integrated acquisitions onto the core platform From May 2007 to March 2009 (1 year 11 months) Vice President, Corporate Architecture @ Created and led a corporate function focused on defining the technology vision for eBay and creating an interoperable architecture across the various business units.
● Developed and deployed the core platform, that facilitated interoperability across eBay, PayPal and Skype platforms.
● Build real-time analytics capability on streaming events from the various eBay, Inc. platforms. From January 2006 to March 2009 (3 years 3 months) Director/Sr. Director, Architecture @ Built a world-class architecture function that supported and scaled the eBay site. Involved in all facets of the product including Buying, Selling, Search, Community, Billing and Trust & Safety. Responsible for the infrastructure aspects of the platform including Security, Scalability and Availability, Integration and Globalization of the platform.
● Led the re-architecture of the site from 2-tiered C++ architecture to 3-tiered Java architecture.
● Introduced several significant innovations to the platform including a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Asynchronous messaging.
● Integrated major acquisitions onto the eBay
platform. From March 2002 to January 2006 (3 years 11 months) CTO @ Gradience provided information technology and tools to help enterprises contextually integrate information from disparate sources into a browser-based application.
● Built a data analytics product targeting buy and sell side analysts in the financial services community. The subscription-oriented web based product delivered premium content from non-financial sources to financial analysts.
● Facilitated the acquisition and integration of the Gradience product into Sector Data (now Revere Data, LLC). From January 2000 to March 2002 (2 years 3 months) Consultant, Payment Systems @ Implement Payments, Fulfillment and Fraud infrastructure for one of the premier 1.0 e-commerce retailers with operations in the US and UK.
● Implemented credit card processing system, stored value capabilities for gift certificates and loyalty points, and a fraud detection engine.
● Managed the migration of processors from FDR/Wells to Payment Tech/First USA.
● Expanded the infrastructure to support expansion into the UK and the BabyCenter acquisition. From March 1999 to January 2000 (11 months) Consultant, Architecture @ Provided leadership in architecture and implementation of key services on the Acquirer System for Credit & Debit Transactions.
● Built a dual-site, fully redundant, high availability (24x7) system. Implemented credit and debit authorization and data capture services.
● Built a desktop-based merchant profile management application for merchant banks and top-tier merchants. From January 1995 to March 1999 (4 years 3 months)
Bachelor of Engineering @ Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee From 1986 to 1990 Delhi Public School
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension