Hands-on, results-driven Human Resources Executive who builds the human side of technology organizations—from corporations and privately held companies to taking startups through IPO. I've worked in finance, hardware, and software companies. I especially enjoy the anything–is–possible aspect of software organizations. Over the past 20 years I've built multiple operations with global presences in the Americas, Europe, and
Hands-on, results-driven Human Resources Executive who builds the human side of technology organizations—from corporations and privately held companies to taking startups through IPO. I've worked in finance, hardware, and software companies. I especially enjoy the anything–is–possible aspect of software organizations. Over the past 20 years I've built multiple operations with global presences in the Americas, Europe, and Asia—going beyond developing systems, maintaining documentation, and ensuring consistent policies. I identify needs and recruit talent from entry to board level. I connect to people by understanding and appreciating their unique potential, contributions, needs and circumstances. I build community by connecting people through shared experiences, and help companies design and maintain their own unique cultures.
Outside of work, I'm a mom living with my fiancé, two children, and three stepchildren in Berkeley, California. I eat Paleo, love to sail, and can often be found riding my road bike. To add a bit of variety, I work on small-scale overly-complex Burningman projects nearly every year.
VP of People @ People are at the heart of everything that happens at Mozilla.
I lead Mozilla’s amazing People Team. Our team is out to change the world of work through innovation and fun in all areas of HR: organizational development, talent acquisition, strategic partnerships, employee retention, compensation, performance management, and succession planning.
Want to become part of a global community that’s helping to build a brighter future for the Web? Check out our careers: https://careers.mozilla.org From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Senior Director of Human Resourcs @ Keeping the stoke! Culture champion! Strategic business partner to the GoPro leadership team. Responsible for organizational development, employee retention strategies, corporate leadership, global recruitment and employee development.
• Member of senior management team: strategic planning, organizational analysis, planning and development
• Developed all HR systems, processes, and programs to ensure smooth transition from privately held through IPO to a successful public company
• Collaborated with General Counsel during the organizational readiness process to take the Company through IPO
• Established all compensation and benefit plans in the context of a full recruitment and retention strategy
• Partner with CEO and Compensation Committee to execute plans for compensation and stock programs, including executive bonus plan, RSUs, and ESPP
• Domestic benefits overhaul achieving $1.5M savings
• Implemented first HRIS (Workday) in 14 weeks including HCM, payroll, time and attendance
• Established GoPro beachhead in Germany, UK, Spain, Brazil
• Staffed the organization from 200 to 1000 employees
• Created GoPro’s first intern program, 50% were converted to hires From April 2012 to March 2015 (3 years) Director of Human Resources @ Provide overall strategic direction, visionary leadership, and business solutions for global Human Resources function. Work with the senior leadership team to shape and design HR strategy in line with business needs. Employ technologies and methods that enhance service, communication, and productivity.
• Hands on contributor in planning and executing major strategic Human Resources initiatives globally.
• Consult and advise senior management on issues including organizational effectiveness, recruitment, compensation, and company culture.
• Advise management and employees in a variety of areas including employee relations, coaching, training, compensation, staffing, performance management,and employee development.
• Develop and implement consistent processes and procedures across multiple international offices including, but not limited to: salary and employee changes,new hires, terminations, benefits, policies and procedures and employee relations.
• Conduct continuing reviews of all personnel policies, programs, and practices to keep company informed of current practices and new developments, pending and new laws and regulations.
• Oversee annual compensation process to ensure equity; and provide metrics and benchmarking against industry standards
• Champion and maintain corporate culture and value.
- Created and implemented global policy overhaul in line with corporate objectives, while maintaining local flair
- Created global compensation strategy and tools
- Created global career paths
- Implemented Workday globally using agile methodologies, including Payroll, Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service From November 1999 to April 2012 (12 years 6 months) Recruiter & Recruiting Coordinator @ • Recruit, interview, and coordinate staffing with line managers
• Developed strategic plan for diversity hiring
• Database administrator for recruiting department, ensured database accurately tracked all applicants and positions From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) Human Resources Assistant @ • Provided general Human Resources assistance to client group of 500
• Direct support to Human Resources manager From 1992 to 1994 (2 years)
BA, English @ University of California, Los Angeles From 1989 to 1992 Allison Her) is skilled in: Program Management, Enterprise Software, Change Management, Process Improvement, Project Management, SaaS, Team Building, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Salesforce.com, Recruiting, Performance Management, Personnel Management, Start-ups, Employee Relations, CRM
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension