MBA, International Marketing @
University of South Carolina-Columbia
Digital direct marketing professional with progressive experience in growing multi-million-dollar acquisition and lead generation campaigns for B2B, B2C and nonprofits with particular expertise in financial services.Excellent track record in delivering results through mobile, display, search, PPC, social, native advertising,and content marketing with expertise in SEO and post-click optimization on transactional web sites. Superb media buying and negotiation
Digital direct marketing professional with progressive experience in growing multi-million-dollar acquisition and lead generation campaigns for B2B, B2C and nonprofits with particular expertise in financial services.Excellent track record in delivering results through mobile, display, search, PPC, social, native advertising,and content marketing with expertise in SEO and post-click optimization on transactional web sites. Superb media buying and negotiation and project management skills, creative and analytical problem solving, and ability to effectively multitask and produce superior results under time, labor and financial constraints. Open, inspirational leadership style with a solid track record for mentoring and coaching staff members to think independently and work collaboratively. Able to adapt quickly to new industries and business models. Excellent written and oral communication skills and fluency in French and experience in managing multicultural teams.
Specialties: Digital direct response marketing. Digital and traditional and sports marketing strategies for financial services, B2C and nonprofit organizations, online media buying, planning, negotiations, social marketing, SEO, e-commerce marketing and merchandising, Web analytics, marketing automation, campaign tracking, reporting and implementation and event planning and marketing.
Head of Digital and Acquisition Marketing @ Personal Capital has built a better money management experience for consumers by blending cutting edge technology with objective financial advice. We believe this is the best way to empower individuals and their money. Our free mobile app helps customers to manage their accounts anywhere, anytime, on the go,
I oversee our digital and offline marketing efforts to acquire new customers through mobile and Web direct response advertising,including media planning and buying, creative development and execution, testing strategies, reporting and campaign optimization. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Board Member @ Board member, photographer for largest junior (U19) competitive cycling team in the Washington DC metro area. Manage social media, marketing and publicity to support growth and success of riders active in road, track, cyclocross, time trialing, mountain biking and triathlons. From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaVice President, Acquisition Marketing @ Managed staff of 10 lead-generation campaign managers and developed and implemented new customer-acquisition campaigns for this $185MM provider of cloud-based marketing and public relations. Promoted Vocus, PRWeb, iContact and HARO services via paid and organic search, affiliate and partner marketing, SEO, social, native/content, display, email and marketing automation/nurture programs. Oversaw lead nurture campaigns to deliver better marketing-qualified leads support more than 1,000 inside sales reps focusing on small to mid-size businesses. Partnered with analytics and reporting teams on lead scoring and routing decisions. Managed prospect conversion experience on website and optimized through A/B and multivariate testing. From September 2011 to April 2014 (2 years 8 months) Vice President and Board Member (Volunteer Position) @ Board Vice President
Co-founded one of the largest 501(c)3 non-profit short-track speedskating clubs in the United States, ranked #1 in 2012.
Coached by 1994 Olympic 500m short track speedskating champion and 1995 ISU World Short Track Speedskating Champion Jihoon Chae and home to multiple US National short-track speedskating champions and US Junior World team members.
* Responsible for marketing, PR, social media, recruitment, sponsorship and administration.
* Maintain and promote www.potomacspeedskating.org via fan engagement on social networks From May 2008 to April 2014 (6 years) Vice President, Digital Marketing @ Built online channel from scratch into the principal and most cost-efficient new customer acquisition medium at E*TRADE. From 2003-2006 also managed all site merchandising and promotions on etrade.com and sports sponsorship activities with professional sports leagues and venues.
Manage online direct response advertising campaigns including display, paid search, search engine optimization and social marketing for one of the top online advertisers in the U.S.
* Oversaw $40MM digital media budget, managing external media, creative and social agencies and managing Web-based resources for SEO, social monitoring and measurement
* Supervised annual multimillion dollar portal negotiations and secure premium inventory at most efficient pricing among E*TRADE’s core online brokerage competitors according to industry sources
* Teamed with Decision Science directors to create and implement full end-to-end tracking of all accounts generated through online channel based on NPV model, resulting in continuous ROI improvement at the creative, offer, placement, site, and keyword level
* Created highly praised viral media campaign for E*TRADE “Baby” ads in support of E*TRADE’s iconic 2008-2011 Super Bowl campaigns, resulting in nearly 60MM video views and high engagement with existing and prospective customers on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter From May 2003 to September 2011 (8 years 5 months) Director of Marketing @ Developed highly successful online, e-mail and merchandising programs for retail customer acquisitions efforts for Network Solutions. Targeted consumers and small businesses for this leader in the digital trust services marketplace, delivering over $100MM in e-commerce revenue in 2002.
* Exceeded annual customer acquisition revenue target, with full P&L responsibility
* Directed development and execution of online marketing and merchandising programs to support core domain name, e-mail and Web site product lines through www.netsol.com From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) VP, Client Services @ Senior client services executive for a rapidly growing start-up interactive advertising/Web consultancy agency, with online placements exceeding $101 million in 2000. The agency ranked fourth among all U.S. Internet media specialist agencies in 2000 (Advertising Age) and was the only independent agency in the top 10. Reported to CEO and managed Client Services Department during intense growth as Agency billings increased from $24 to $101 million and staff increased from 15 to 70 managing campaigns for Network Solutions, BET Interactive and washingtonpost.com From January 1999 to August 2001 (2 years 8 months) Sponsorship Co-Manager, USPS Pro Cycling Team and Webmaster and Internet Project Manager, IBU @ Supported corporate sponsorship and customer hospitality events promoting Global Delivery Services in conjunction with USPS Pro Cycling team participation at World Cup events in Europe and Asia leveraging Greg LeMond as our brand ambassador. Also managed and maintained the Intranet and Internet sites for this $2 billion division of the U.S. Postal Service and conceived and implemented online advertising programs to drive traffic and awareness to global US companies. From February 1996 to February 1999 (3 years 1 month) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSenior Marketing Manager, Information Technology @ Advised French information technology companies (primarily software developers) on U.S. marketing strategies as a full-time marketing consultant to the French Embassy Trade Office, a division of the French Ministry of Finance and Economics. From 1990 to 1995 (5 years) Product Marketing Manager, Summer Abroad Programs Experiment in International Living @ Prepared and implemented national marketing plans and managed national sales force to recruit high school students for homestay programs abroad for this prestigious nonprofit organization From 1984 to 1989 (5 years)
BA with Highest Honors, French Language and Literature @ University of MichiganMBA, International Marketing @ University of South Carolina-Columbia Alison Mittelstadt is skilled in: Digital Marketing, Web Analytics, SEO, Media Buying, Social Marketing, Negotiation, SEM, Online Advertising, Digital Strategy, PPC, Lead Generation, Sports Marketing, E-commerce, Online Marketing, Analytics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension