Director, New Product Launch, mipomersen @
Dartmouth College - The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
Proven leader with 10+ years of experience working in the biotech industry as a program & alliance manager of development & commercial stage programs across a broad range of therapeutic areas including immunology, oncology, neuromuscular and cardiovascular. Collaborative leadership style produces teams with hallmarks of transparency, accountability & respect. Strategic thinker and team builder with powerful combination
Proven leader with 10+ years of experience working in the biotech industry as a program & alliance manager of development & commercial stage programs across a broad range of therapeutic areas including immunology, oncology, neuromuscular and cardiovascular. Collaborative leadership style produces teams with hallmarks of transparency, accountability & respect. Strategic thinker and team builder with powerful combination of strong analytical, communication & interpersonal skills.
Specialties: Program Management, Alliance Management, Product Launch Preparation
Senior Director, Program Management @ From October 2013 to September 2014 (1 year) Director, New Product Launch, mipomersen @ - Joined an existing group in a newly created role and made an immediate impact by identifying the need for and then implementing a cross-functional commercial team structure to establish a cohesive strategy for launch planning and execution.
- Created a launch plan and performed a gap analysis to diagnosis potential issues. Led process to refine plan and create contingency plans to best position the product for a successful launch.
- Developed Global Patient Demand, Revenue, and NPV models to allow for dynamic modeling of business scenarios. Resulted in real-time insights into the economic impact of potential regulatory & market outcomes.
- Led joint R&D and Commercial team responsible for planning and execution of Early Access Program.
- Planned and implemented comprehensive adherence and clinical support program for US commercial patients. Responsibilities included management of an external vendor, development of program strategy, and development of call guides, letters, process flows, SOPs and training materials.
- Chaired 2013 Rare Disease Global Strategy Meeting, a 3-day annual meeting attended by over 130 leaders representing over 30 countries. Responsible for oversight of all aspects of meeting including development of objectives and agenda, liaising with country representatives, and meeting logistics. From August 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 10 months) Director, Program Management @ - Selected by Business Unit President to manage and facilitate Genzyme-Sanofi Integration Taskforce.
- Led Steering Committee and cross-functional team to develop and execute strategy for drug development program across multiple indications. Responsibilities included strategy development and implementation, meeting planning, facilitation, and documentation.
- Developed and implemented a number of decision models and processes to inform business decisions including indication prioritization, demand forecasting, manufacturing scheduling, and financial scenario analyses. Resulted in greater understanding of trade-offs and served as basis for informed business decisions to achieve strategic and financial objectives.
- Responsible for management of all aspects of relationships with external development partner, PTC Therapeutics.
- Responsible for management of P&L and creation of Long-Range Financial Plan.
- Managed project and professional development of one direct report. From November 2007 to August 2011 (3 years 10 months) Associate Director, Program Management @ - Led cross-functional drug development teams as part of joint collaborations with external partners, Cambridge Antibody Technology and MacroGenics.
- Responsible for management of program timelines and budgets.
- Developed dynamic forecasting models to better anticipate clinical trial material needs over time. Resulted in more efficient planning of costly bioreactor runs. From April 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 7 months) Program Manager, Program Management @ - Worked collaboratively with program team members to create detailed Gantt chart. Team buy-in on responsibilities and timelines prior to implementation led to increased accountability.
- Developed effective processes to monitor, track and communicate development progress and issues. From August 2003 to March 2006 (2 years 8 months) Graduate Associate, Client Assessment and Review, Marketing Department @ - Addressed reporting issues by consolidating and cataloguing client reports from multiple corporate divisions into a single database. Enhanced corporate brand image by eliminating redundant reports and standardizing methodology.
- Assessed web-based financial tools for standardization, accuracy and ease of use. Authored User Guide and Reference Manual for the Interactive Plan Design Modeling tool. From June 2002 to August 2002 (3 months) Laboratory Scientist, Analytical Chemistry @ - Developed stability-indicating HPLC test methods, performed the initial analytical assessment and monitored the ongoing stability of drug candidates as part of a cross-functional project team that supported programs from post-Discovery to Phase II clinical trials.
- Developed and implemented a new test procedure template for use across the department. Use of template resulted in significant time savings. From June 1998 to May 2001 (3 years)
ELP Fellow, Leadership @ University of Massachusetts Boston From 2009 to 2009 Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ Dartmouth College - The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth From 2001 to 2003 BS, Chemistry @ Kansas State University From 1993 to 1998 Alison Conlon is skilled in: Cross-functional Team Leadership, Biotechnology, Strategy, Program Management, Clinical Trials, Management, Drug Development, Lifesciences, Leadership, Clinical Development, R&D, Forecasting, Business Planning, Product Launch, Product Development, Pharmaceutical Industry, Biopharmaceuticals, Oncology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension