Strategic, self -motivated, results oriented HR professional with record of achievement and 12+ years of demonstrated generalist experience in high performing, customer focused and value driven cultures. A strategic business partner that provides leadership and tactical support in talent development, staffing, retention, employee relations, employment laws, change management, and training implementation. Highly skilled in managing internal customer
Strategic, self -motivated, results oriented HR professional with record of achievement and 12+ years of demonstrated generalist experience in high performing, customer focused and value driven cultures. A strategic business partner that provides leadership and tactical support in talent development, staffing, retention, employee relations, employment laws, change management, and training implementation. Highly skilled in managing internal customer expectations, recruiting, relationship building, and training delivery. Key competencies include a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, the ability to establish clear lines of communication at all levels, and demonstrated expertise in aligning HR best practices with organizational objectives and initiatives.
Specialties:Human Resource Management, Employment Law, FMLA/ADA/EEO/FLSA/ Worker's Compensation, HR Policies & Procedures, Employee Enrichment, Staff Recruitment & Retention, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits, HR Program/Project Management, Instructional Design & Curriculum Development, Global HR, Talent Management,Orientation & On Boarding, Training & Development, Performance Management, Organizational Development,HR Metrics, Change Management
Global Director, Human Resources @ • Member of the executive management team to provide strategy and direction for a fast growing global start-up
• Manage a global Human Resource, Recruiting, Operations, and Facilities team
• Lead and provide HR, recruiting and facilities strategy and programs for the Austin office of 250 employees and the Hyderabad, India office of 65 employees
• Consult and counsel top level management on employee relation issues; job performance; employment laws, recruiting strategy, and development of company policies and procedures with the primary goal of strengthening the employer-employee relationship through cultivating collaborative working relationships.
• Create and define career paths, job descriptions, and internal promotion process to enhance employee productivity and retention including FLSA audits of all jobs
• Crafted the HR function from scratch including: Establishing & insuring accurate data files across multiple HRIS/Software systems, creating digital personnel files, online employee handbook for the US and India, tracking global turnover data, compensation, training and development, and immigration policies
• Manage organizational realignments, including providing advice and counsel on talent and change management, succession planning, identifying high potential employees, and RIFs
• Identify themes/trends and implement HR and recruiting initiatives/ programs to support business objectives
• Manage benefit offerings including, negotiating with new benefit and payroll vendors, cost/benefit analysis on implementing new benefits, and implementation of company-wide ISO stock rollout plan From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Austin, Texas AreaHR Manager @ •Lead and provide HR strategy and programs for the Austin office of 100 employees, support a regional model of over 400 employees, & a national solution group of over 200 specialized employees.
•Collaborate, counsel and advise Managers, Directors, VPs, and GMs on employee relation issues; job performance; training & development; interpretation of employment laws, worker’s compensation & company policies and procedures
•Spearhead and direct regional employee based council to improve employee morale and retention while supporting regional business objectives and initiatives and local charity involvement
•Create, manage & revise regional reward & recognition program for managers & employees
•Conducted region wide management and HR policy trainings
•Create and define career paths, job descriptions, & internal promotion process to enhance employee productivity & retention
•Manage entire recruiting life cycle for key roles within the organization to include workforce planning and forecasting, screening, candidate sourcing, interviewing, extending offers
•Facilitate & develop new employee onboarding program, ongoing management leadership & development training programs while driving regional implementation; manage external vendors & training budgets
•Led the performance management process for 5 cycles for the central region including: regional timelines, manager & employee communications & calendars, ratings calibration meetings, merit & bonus compensation rollup as well as market adjustments
•Manage multiple regional organizational realignments, including providing advice & counsel on talent & change management, succession planning, identifying high potential employees, 2 region wide RIFs & an office closure
•Managed HiPo & Succession planning for assigned disciplines throughout the region including conducting quarterly talent management meetings
• HR Liaison with Operations & Finance Team. Managed regional budgets. Ran headcount & job specific reporting’s From October 2007 to January 2013 (5 years 4 months) Human Resource Generalist/Recruiter @ • Sourced and recruited exempt, non-exempt, and short-term employees for all sections of a multi-location office. These sections included: accounting, legal, business development, software development, marketing, human resources, programming, and document processing
• Conducted all phases of recruiting by pre-screening, interviewing, completing reference checks, establishing interview times with clients, securing candidate commitments, and conducting new hire orientation
• In charge of filing all EEO and Veteran’s forms
• Sole contact for short-term recruiting agencies in offices all over the country, including rate negotiations.
• Assisted in developing and rolling out a new performance review system.
• Review, update and approve performance reviews
• Member of the training committee
• Organized a week long company “boot camp” for new hires on a quarterly basis. Responsible for: arranging trainers, attendees, including travel plans, catering, schedules and end of week party From August 2003 to January 2005 (1 year 6 months) Human Resource Specialist IV @ •Held direct line of reporting responsibility of field team and advised team on resolution of issues regarding compensation, leave accounting, promotions, demotions, transfers, terminations, adverse actions, position control, and retention.
•Assisted Human Resource Management Team in restructuring, amending and clarifying human resource policy and procedure. Facilitated processing of adverse actions, and provided recommendations to ensure consistent application of disciplinary action.
•Monitored base staff allocation by creating, compiling, analyzing and updating statistical. Assisted with recruitment and monitored agency’s compliance with Performance Planning and Review Program.
•Worked on special projects such as establishing flex-time schedule within HR, establishing a “culture” committee which put together parties and other events within the HR Group. Led initiative to create a SOP Manual for HR Specialist and compiled detailed accountings of day-to-day activities. From January 2002 to August 2003 (1 year 8 months) Recruiting Manager @ • Sourced and recruited exempt employees for middle tier software development, web development, sales and marketing, business development, quality assurance and technical writing
• Created requisition and interview process
• Established new hire process
• Researched and implemented web based database for resume tracking
• Maintained recruitment information on the company website
• Helped champion start-up staffing company
o Conducted all phases of recruiting by pre-screening, interviewing, completing reference checks, establishing interview times with clients, and securing candidate commitments
o Created proposals for and negotiate rates with potential clients
o Assisted in sales, writing, designing, and creating all marketing collateral including logo
o Maintained insurance enrollment and verification, payroll, invoicing, and accounts payable and receivable
o Created all internal forms, procedures, protocols, and office set up From August 2000 to June 2001 (11 months) Staffing Specialist @ • Responsible for sourcing and recruiting, Exempt and Non-exempt candidates in Dell Americas Operations, Dimension and Portables Product Group, and Supply Chain Management and Procurement Organizations.
• Coordinated phone screens, travel plans, and interviews for candidates
• Trained and provided guidance for five staffing coordinators
• Developed and taught Competency Based Interviewing class
• Served as liaison to Corporate HR Staffing to ensure Operational compliance with Dell Staffing policy and procedures and HR business practices
• Created and presented new hire and employee metrics to Senior management
• Co-chaired a team that developed a US Human Resources rewards and recognition program From March 1999 to August 2000 (1 year 6 months)
Bachelor of Arts, History @ Southwestern University From 1993 to 1997 Westwood High School From 1989 to 1993 Alicia SPHR is skilled in: Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Compliance, HRIS, Human Resource Management, Employment Law, FMLA/ADA/EEO/FLSA/ Worker’s Compensation, HR Policies & Procedures, Employee Enrichment, Staff Recruitment & Retention, HR Program/Project Management, Talent Management, Performance Management, Organizational Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension