HR Business Partner, ANZ @ SAS Institute Australia
HR Manager (Maternity leave cover) @ SAS Institute Australia
Diploma of Business, Human Resource Management @
TAFE NSW Ultimo
I am a passionate HR professional who can drive and develop HR strategies whilst building long term partnership with leaders within the business. Having worked across retail, IT and software, I have had exposure to a range of cultures, programs and HR solutions. I am a professional, competent HR professional who has a genuine interest in other
I am a passionate HR professional who can drive and develop HR strategies whilst building long term partnership with leaders within the business. Having worked across retail, IT and software, I have had exposure to a range of cultures, programs and HR solutions. I am a professional, competent HR professional who has a genuine interest in other people and a strong, intuitive understanding of them. My drive and enthusiasm is directed at working with and for others ensuring HR strategies are successfully integrated across a business. My long term career aspiration is to be in a HR leadership position for a organisation which believes their people are their most valuable assets.
Specialties: • Over 9 years in Human Resources generalist roles, including HR Manager.
• Employee Relation / Industrial Relations
• Performance Management lifecycle
• Employee Benefits (Superannuation, Insurance, Well-being programs, Reward Programs)
• Remuneration (Full Annual Review, Commission & Incentive plans)
• Talent Acquisition (Built strategy, end to end management)
• Culture Programs (Facilitate employee project groups, Owner of “Great Place to Work” program)
• Learning & Development
• Behavioural Profiling using Predictive Index (PI)
National HR Manager @ Founded in 1989, Object Consulting is an Australian owned and operated company. We pride ourselves in being one of Australia’s leaders in the delivery of enterprise business solutions through the innovative use of technologies such as Enterprise Java, .NET, Ruby and Salesforce as well as Open Source components. Object has built a team of 250 highly skilled passionate software professionals. With presence in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra, the Object team thrives in leveraging technological solutions to solve tough business challenges.
My role as Head of HR involves me providing strategic and operational HR advice to the Senior Management team, Board and employees across the business. My role also sees me providing leadership to a team of HR professionals. As a HR team, we pride ourselves on being trusted business advisors who support the growth and development of Object Consulting employees, who in return deliver excellence and innovation to our customer. We are aligned to the organisation strategic goals by providing a range of HR services and advice including performance management, development guidance, interpretation of policies, employee engagement, recruitment, reward and benefits offerings and much more.
During March 2014 to March 2015, I was on Maternity Leave. My role currently has me working part time, 3 days per week in the same role as National HR Manager. From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) HR Business Partner, ANZ @ After the HR Manager returned from Maternity leave, I continued in the role under a new title of HRBP and maintained all HR Operational responsibility for the Australia & New Zealand business of 270 employees. From February 2012 to April 2013 (1 year 3 months) HR Manager (Maternity leave cover) @ Due to the HR Manager commensing Maternity Leave, I transitioned into this HR operations role supporting the entire A&NZ business.
• Manage all Employee Relations for A&NZ including terminations, redundancies, performance discussions and coaching.
• Full Remuneration Management including the annual salary review (4 month process), incentives and pay plans. Review industry surveys on a regular basis, salary band and benchmark roles across the business.
• Responsible for all Performance Management including mid and end of year reviews. Deliver company wide training and coaching for employees and managers.
• Ownership of all Employee Benefits including Superannuation, Insurances, Award programs, Leave programs (Parental leave) and the internal company magazine.
• Design and deliver the Healthy Lifestyle Program each year including all logistics and marketing.
• HR Sponsor of the Employee Engagement workshops (Team SAS) to support change in the business
• Behavioural Profiling (Predictive Index) and debriefing individuals across all levels of the business. Run team facilitation workshops to support employees to better understand each other’s behavioural preferences. Also conduct Profiling of roles and candidates.
• Supervision, training and coaching of HR Coordinator and Talent Acquisition Specialist. From January 2011 to February 2012 (1 year 2 months) HR & Recruitment Consultant @ SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, offering innovative solutions to enable organisations to harness the value in their data. Since its inception in 1976, SAS has grown from the skills and commitment of its exceptional people, and this continues today as we seek the best talent to build on this success. In return, SAS employees enjoy a supportive environment, outstanding opportunities for professional and personal growth, and a chance to help SAS transform the world with faster, more accurate decision-making. With more than 60,000 customer sites worldwide and customers from 90 of the top 100 Fortune Global 500® list 2012, SAS is the world's largest privately held software company. That means we don't answer to Wall Street. We answer to our customers – and our employees.
Our culture is founded on five values that are core to how we operate as a team internally, and externally with our customers and partners – Customer Driven, Approachable, Innovative, Swift and Agile, and Trustworthy. SAS employees are always willing to go the extra mile; working together, using initiative and creativity to find solutions and achieve goals. Through a comprehensive range of programs and initiatives, we encourage staff participation and true ownership over their work and their workplace.
SAS Australia and New Zealand envisions and strives to maintain a workplace that sees its employees motivated, innovative, inspired and committed – Our success is clear, SAS is consistently rated one of the world’s best employers.
My role involved managing the recruitment process from beginning to end. This involved liaising with all levels of management including the directors and the MD. I worked on putting in a Preferred Supplier Agreement and selected a panel of recruiters. My role also involved coordinating the induction program, liaising with managers regarding employee probationary periods and a range of other HR generalist duties. From May 2010 to January 2011 (9 months) Human Resources Consultant @ During my time at Unisys, I was responsible for a range of HR functions including supporting line managers in employee relations, policies and procedures and implementing HR initiatives.
• Key person to respond to “Ask HR” questions which came through the intranet from both employees and managers. I independently handled inquiries and provided correspondence.
• During the GFC, I was appointed as the key person for the Redundancy Program for 2008/2009. This required managing the timelines, creating redundancy documentation, manager guides and liaising with line managers.
• Reporting and analysing data for several business units (up to 5000 people).
• Developed process charts for a variety of business functions.
• Worked closely with the HR Transformation Director to update the new Employee Network.
• Assisted in induction and employees separating from the business. From October 2008 to April 2010 (1 year 7 months) Human Resource Advisor @ During my time at Civic Video, I progressed from a Retail Assistant to Assistant Manager then finally Store Manager of the largest store in the franchise (Bondi Beach). The Owner of the Civic Video Franchise transitioned my role to focus on the development and delivery of all HR programs.
• Facilitated and lead the change management process when the AWA was rolled out into the new Enterprise Bargaining Agreement.
• Independently designed, developed and implemented a performance management system.
• Facilitated a range of training workshops for managers covering such areas as OH&S, performance management, leadership skills, customer service etiquette and importance of individual key performance indicators.
• Authored the training manual for all retail staff.
• Developed the job descriptions for all retail positions in the Civic Video franchise.
• Developed recruitment kits for Store Managers.
• Independently wrote the new policy and procedures manual. From January 2007 to September 2008 (1 year 9 months) Store Manager @ Key Accountabilities
Training and orientation of new and current employees. This also included identifying training needs of staff through regular monitoring of each individuals performance using the performance management system.
Facilitating staff meetings and setting the agendas. Attending and participating in quarterly Managers meetings.
Creating rosters and roster templates for all of the Civic Video stores in the franchise. Inputting staff timesheets, organising leave and sick pay.
Development of shop displays including shop layout, sign and flyer design, confectionary, promotions and rental displays.
Stock control including input, checks and ordering.
Monitoring of store KPI's and budgets.
Delegating tasks to senior and junior employees and providing support and feedback.
Bi-weekly banking including, cashing tills, final bank deposits, EFTPOS, Dialtime and coin checks. From December 2007 to July 2008 (8 months) Store Manager @ I was transferred from West Ryde to Five Dock due to the manager going on Maternity Leave. From June 2007 to December 2007 (7 months) Co- Store Manager @ Eliminated our competitor (BlockBuster) from the market within 12 months of it opening.
•Manager of the Year for Civic Video in 2006
•Civic Video West Ryde won State and National Store of the Year Winner in 2005 From January 2006 to June 2007 (1 year 6 months) Skin Consultant / Make up Artist @ At Clinique I worked apart of a travelling team of consultants who worked at a number of different locations throughout Sydney. We worked on a rotating rostering system and had to be very flexible with our time.
Maintain an extremely high level of cleanliness and personal presentation at all times. This included maintaining an immaculate uniform which had to meet specific criteria.
Meeting high sales target at every location including adding sales and creating a "Clinique Experience" with every customer.
Doing skin consultants and full make up for events such as weddings, formals and reunions. From June 2005 to January 2006 (8 months) Sales Assistant @ From December 2003 to January 2006 (2 years 2 months)
Workplace Training & Assessment - Certificate IV, Learning & Development @ HBA From 2008 to 2008 Diploma of Business, Human Resource Management @ TAFE NSW Ultimo From 2007 to 2007 Alicia Lykos is skilled in: Employee Relations, Employee Benefits, Remuneration, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Training, Recruiting, Change Management, Human Resources, Project Management, Personnel Management, Employee Engagement, Strategy, Management, Sourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension