ASEAN Trade & Economics, Thai Language @
Chiang Mai University
People, not users.
Amid the clutter of wearables, connected devices, and the Internet of Things, companies now, more than ever, are able to forge genuine and reciprocal relationships with their customers. Breaking past the screen, we as marketers have a golden opportunity to proactively dive into every point along the customer journey to message, engage, and delight
People, not users.
Amid the clutter of wearables, connected devices, and the Internet of Things, companies now, more than ever, are able to forge genuine and reciprocal relationships with their customers. Breaking past the screen, we as marketers have a golden opportunity to proactively dive into every point along the customer journey to message, engage, and delight our strongest assets - our customers.
Couple this opportunity in customer communications with today's increased access to data analytics and the rising influence of engagement in loyalty and competitive differentiation, and it's a win-win for both customers and companies.
I'm a B2B content marketer blessed to work with some of the top talent in the PNW at Apptentive, a Seattle-based company leading the way in mobile customer engagement. I frequently write, speak, and tweet on all matters of marketing and have been published by Amazon, Massively, AppLift, Moz, Tapdaq, and other cool places.
I love chatting about anything and everything startups, mobile, marketing, and travel, so if you share any of these passions, ping me and let's grab coffee.
(Or join me at the next Appy Hour! http://www.meetup.com/Appy-Hour/)
Email: [email protected]
Skills: B2B Content Marketing, Inbound Marketing, SEO, Startup Development
Content Marketing Manager @ Apptentive was founded on the principle of "Customer Love." We believe that every company is in the business of earning customer loyalty and commitment, and that mobile communications have become the most efficient method of earning customer trust. The Apptentive SaaS platform provides the easiest tools for mobile app makers to communicate directly with their customers. Integrated into mobile apps for Nordstrom, Urbanspoon, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Overstock.com, Concur, Allrecipes.com, and thousands of others, Apptentive's SDK powers millions of mobile customer interactions every week. The company is based in Seattle, Washington.
We're hiring! Learn more at www.apptentive.com From November 2014 to Present (1 year) Greater Seattle AreaFreelance Marketer/Copy Writer @ Provide marketing and consulting services for various organizations and startups. Services include social media marketing, email marketing, press releases, and brand messaging strategy. From January 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 10 months) Go-To-Market Strategy Intern @ • Create go-to-market and content marketing strategies to build traction for a brand new startup preparing for its first round of venture funding
• Create press releases, press kits, blogs, info-graphics, and social media content
Part of the second cohort at 9Mile Labs, a high-tech accelerator based in the Seattle metro area focused on B2B software and cloud technologies. From March 2014 to June 2014 (4 months) Seattle, WAPresident & Founder @ I launched the Seattle University American Marketing Association (www.seattleuama.com) as a way to connect students to the greater Seattle business community and take marketing ‘beyond the classroom’ through an interactive guest speaker series, corporate tours, networking events, workshops, hands-on projects, and case competitions.
In our first year, we quickly rose to one of the most active student organizations at Seattle University and organized regular meetings drawing in 50+ members. We coordinated a very successful speaker series bringing in some of Seattle's top business leaders including the former president of Starbucks, the founder of Moz, and the CEO of REI.
As founder and president, my responsibilities include:
• Establishing a constitution, website, chapter plan, and annual reports as part of the recognition process for a new collegiate AMA chapter
• Heading a 9-person executive board responsible for chapter operations
• Serving as the liaison to the AMA international headquarters, neighboring chapters, Seattle University staff and faculty, guest speakers, and alumni From September 2013 to June 2014 (10 months) Seattle, WAAssistant Producer, Marketing Director @ In light of strict budget constraints, I led this small tech startup to increased credibility and global recognition as a competitive software design studio. I designed and executed a low-cost marketing campaign aimed at a small, targeted group of influential critics, bloggers, and press personnel that worked its way up to many of the largest networks in the industry. Undertaking the many responsibilities of a marketer, publicist, and community manager, I was responsible for an array of channels (social media, website and blog content, customer support inquiries, newsletters, press releases, press interviews) and worked across departments (Accounting, HR, Production, Art, Writing, Videography) to facilitate business development.
• Designed and executed a marketing plan that brought in a fan community of 30,000+
registered members and 1,200+ Twitter followers from an initial count of under 100
• Managed online presence by maintaining a spectrum of communication channels
including press kits, web pages, message boards, blogs, and social media handles
• Coordinated press outreach by establishing relationships with key influencers and
arranging for interviews and promotional partnerships
• Crafted investment materials ultimately responsible for the company getting singed by a
multinational publisher and accepted into the Steam distribution channel
• Communicated the customer experience to developers to shape future updates From January 2010 to January 2014 (4 years 1 month) Research Assistant @ Working with the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center, I designed and conducted research on corporate entrepreneurship (intrapreneurship) to influence Seattle University's graduate course offerings and help facilitate innovation within medium-to-large companies. From May 2013 to December 2013 (8 months) Seattle, WAWeb Publishing Assistant @ At MIR, I launched a new company website by transferring content from an older website and marketing collateral, reformatting web pages using HTML, CSS, and WordPress, optimizing images for the web, writing and designing content, and implementing best practices in search engine optimization. I also created and documented processes around website development and maintenance, as well as related digital media subjects including video blogs and search marketing, to establish a clear procedure for future website updates. From July 2013 to September 2013 (3 months) Greater Seattle AreaMarketing Intern @ Working with Communications, Marketing, and Sales, I engaged in grassroots marketing by researching and reaching out to potential promotional partners via email and cold calling as well as detailing a street team campaign for the greater Seattle area. In addition, I assisted in content creation (fliers, web updates, data archives) to ensure accurate and current communication on all platforms, tracked and recorded various web analytics to measure marketing performance, and independently managed a ticket donation program. From April 2012 to November 2012 (8 months) Seattle, WAPublic Relations Intern @ As a PR Intern, I worked with the CEO to spearhead a new media promotion plan using blogs, social media, email campaigns, press kits, and other networks for the first time in the history of the company. Following the completion of the internship, I was asked to remain with the company and take ownership over future marketing and public relations campaigns. From October 2009 to January 2010 (4 months)
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Marketing, Business Economics @ Seattle University From 2010 to 2014 ASEAN Trade & Economics, Thai Language @ Chiang Mai University From 2012 to 2012 Alex Andrade-Walz is skilled in: Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media, Digital Marketing, Team Leadership, Entrepreneurship, WordPress, SEO, Event Planning, Press Releases, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Market Research, Editing, Web Analytics, Web Design, Constant Contact, Grassroots Marketing, Copywriting, R Programming