Global Vice President of Ecommerce (B2C, B2B), Digital Marketing, Amazon @ DJO Global
Global Head of eCommerce @ OtterBox
Advisory Board Member @ Online Marketing Summit
Results-driven executive with 17 years of successful experience in driving teams and organizations in the area of eCommerce development and optimization, Digital Marketing/Direct Response and P&L management. I have an intimate knowledge of technology products, direct channel behavior, eCommerce optimization, advertising efficiency and ROI, streamlining of marketing and promotional planning processes and execution. P&L of >$400 million
Results-driven executive with 17 years of successful experience in driving teams and organizations in the area of eCommerce development and optimization, Digital Marketing/Direct Response and P&L management. I have an intimate knowledge of technology products, direct channel behavior, eCommerce optimization, advertising efficiency and ROI, streamlining of marketing and promotional planning processes and execution. P&L of >$400 million and Marketing budgets in excess of $50 million annually.
Areas of Expertise:
* Running eCommerce organizations including Merchandising, Web Analytics, Creative,
Production, IT development/Front End Dev
* Digital Marketing/Direct Response demand generation strategy and execution spanning
SEM, SEO, Display, DSPs/Programmatic, Shopping Engines, Retargeting, Click to Call,
* Managing P&Ls with multi-channel, complex product organizations
* Category and visual merchandising for both Online, Call Center and Direct Retail channels
* Experience in Creative/Media Agency management, RFP processes, MSA/SOW
Currently Areas of Focus
* Complete re-platforming project spanning new eCommerce platform implementation, new
UX/design, mobile site development, omni-channel shopping experience
* Implementation of complex fractional revenue attribution system for Digital Marketing
* Omnichannel demand generation
* SEO development
* CES, Wed Jan 8th, 2014. Adobe Digital Marketing Panel:" What Keeps Marketeers at Night"
* Ensighten Conference, Feb 7th in San Francisco with Miki Seltzer. Topic of application of
real time analytics and predictive modeling in driving real time merchandising optimization.
* Online Marketing Summit/Tech Marketing 360, Feb 2014 in Orange County, CA. Panel
Moderator/Speaker:" CMO/CIO Cold War is Over".
Global Head of eCommerce @ From February 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) San Diego, CA and Fort Collins, COAdvisory Board Member @ Support topics, panel discussions on best practices in Online/digital marketing and eCommerce. Currently working on topics related to CMO/CIO issues and opportunities for 2014 Summit in Dana Point, CA.
www.onlinemarketingsummit.com/danapoint/ From August 2013 to July 2014 (1 year) Executive Advisory Client Board Member for eCommerce Enterprise products @ Advising eBay Enterprise eCommerce solutions Group in areas of features, functionality, roadmap priorities spanning promotional engines, management, SEO, omni-channel, B2C and B2B segments, optimization, testing and other aspects of eCommerce platform development. From May 2013 to February 2014 (10 months) Vice President, eCommerce @ Overseeing eCommerce Sales, Platform, Call Center Sales, Web Metrics, Demand Generation and Creative teams for US Sony Direct Online Store From April 2011 to February 2014 (2 years 11 months) General Manager, Director of Merchandising Sony Direct @ From May 2010 to April 2011 (1 year) Director of Demand Generation, Lenovo.com @ From February 2009 to May 2010 (1 year 4 months) Director Consumer Services World Wide @ Recruited to build up Consumer Services as a highly profitable revenue stream as well as a brand differentiator World Wide. Designed strategy, channel programs, portfolio and product development/marketing. Actively engaged with regional teams from US, Japan, Australia, ASEAN, India, EU, China to drive sales and marketing initiatives in very challenging channel environments. Established pricing and promotional activities world wide. Annual Sales plan for over $50 million in 2008.
• Drove hyper-growth in Services Sales around the world
-US at 450% Q4/Q1. India, ASEAN at 300%+ Q4/Q2.
-EMEA Region growth at 200%+ Q4/Q3
• Launched Lenovo Online Data Backup Services World Wide in partnership with EMC From 2008 to May 2010 (2 years) APAC Director Services Sales and Marketing @ While managing Consumer Services sales and marketing world wide, I was asked by the senior management to provide support in APAC as a transition leader for Regional Services Sales for all segments (Consumer through Large Enterprise) for India, Japan, ASEAN and ANZ. Managed team of Sales staff, Marketing and Operations.
• Developed new reporting system to track comprehensive business performance against goals by Country/Segment/Product/key metrics
• Established new forecasting process for annual operating planning and quarterly forecasting
• Introduced new processes to streamline pricing and promotional activities
• Drove over $15+ million in highly profitable Services Contract Value for calendar Q4 2008 From August 2008 to December 2008 (5 months) Director General Manager, Consumer @ Responsible for turning around Direct Consumer BU into profitable one through management of P&L, day to day running of business activities, demand planning, demand generation, promotions, pricing, offer development and positioning.
• Restructured business unit and turned it into a profitable unit co-existing with Retail business unit
• Implemented streamlined process and management process of product/price/promotion/merchandising
• Provided close guidance to Gateway’s IT Web teams for complete re-design of www.gateway.com infrastructure, merchandising tools, merchandising capabilities, customer experience and profit optimization
• Reversed negative Contribution Margin loss from -1.4% to +1% prior to leaving Gateway Inc.
• Direct BU SG&A lowered by 56% in Q2 of 2007 to $4 million (from $9.3 million)
• 15% growth in Gross Profit to $21.3M at 25% Gross Margin % on $85 million Revenue in Q4 of 2006 From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Director of Consumer and Small Business Marketing @ Responsible for all integrated marketing planning and executing of Direct Channel business unit focusing primarily on demand generation and performance, interaction with Ad and Media agencies, ad creation process, CRM activities
• Instituted highly integrated marketing planning process of product/promotion/ad testing/sales force planning where all pieces of business planning must be working together with demand generation in order to get optimal results and business efficiencies
• Completely re-organized the way advertising budget is spent from “classic” where TV, print and catalogs comprise 80% of media spend to “online only” 100% - where SEO, Natural Search, email, guerilla marketing and social networks dominate
• Increased ROAS/ROI to double digits across multiple media during 2005 Back to School Campaign
• Paid Search of 14:1. Catalog 13:1. Email 20:1.
• Managed Ad Spend down by 50% on Gross basis and down to 3.3% on Net as % of Revenue (vs 2003) From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Senior Marketing Manager - Demand Generation and Integrated Marketing @ Managed integration and implementation of promotions and advertising for multi-channel consumer business unit (Retail, Phones, Web). Owned the Integrated Marketing Communications Calendar and day to day implementation of the plan. Worked with Ad, Media and CRM agencies on briefing, ad creation and campaign planning.
• Re-organized Free Standing Insert (FSI) production and product allocation process for more optimized planning and forecasting integration
• Planned most successful Back to School campaign to date. 40% growth in Notebooks year-over-year.
• Planned two national events (entirely supported through co-op) which generated 8-15% lift in revenue
• Reworked and defined new segmentation strategy for US Consumer Market From 2001 to 2004 (3 years)
BSBA, Marketing @ The University of South Dakota From 1992 to 1996 Aleks Reljic is skilled in: CRM, E-commerce, Multi-channel Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Online Advertising, Integrated Marketing, Collateral, Selling Skills, Strategy, Marketing, Product Marketing, Cross-functional Team..., Direct Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Demand Generation, Digital Media, Sales Enablement, Trade Shows, Field Marketing, Product Management, Negotiation, Strategic Partnerships, Channel, Web Analytics, Merchandising, Retail Category..., Online Campaign..., Market Planning, Business Planning, Leadership, Segmentation, Selling, Go-to-market Strategy, SEO, Consumer Electronics, Management, Marketing Management, Market Research, P&L Management, PPC, Sales, Advertising, Business Strategy, Retail, Pricing, B2B, Forecasting, Brand Management, Product Launch, Product Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension