Sr. Director of Product Management @ Aster Data Systems
B Tech @
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
I am a tech entrepreneur with a passion for identifying large market opportunities and building them into lasting businesses. I have been fortunate enough to have founded a $2B-and-growing near-IPO company (Nutanix) and am now working on my second venture (ThoughtSpot) that is showing strong signs of disrupting the business intelligence market. I like to surround myself
I am a tech entrepreneur with a passion for identifying large market opportunities and building them into lasting businesses. I have been fortunate enough to have founded a $2B-and-growing near-IPO company (Nutanix) and am now working on my second venture (ThoughtSpot) that is showing strong signs of disrupting the business intelligence market. I like to surround myself with the best of the best and that often creates magic.
Specialties: Building lasting tech companies from scratch, enterprise sales, marketing and product management, go-to-market strategy and market development, technology alliances, large-scale data analytics, database systems, virtualization, Cloud Computing, distributed computing, storage systems.
Co-Founder and CEO @ ThoughtSpot is aiming to transform the business intelligence market by focusing on the adoption problem. From May 2012 to Present (3 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaCo-founder and Advisor @ From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Co-founder, Chief Products Officer @ • Built an IPO-worthy company (http://tinyurl.com/ce8y9vu) with my co-founders and launched it in the $20B data storage market with escape velocity.
• Led Marketing, Product Management and Manufacturing.
Right from the marketing launch, Nutanix experienced one of the fastest revenue ramps ever in the enterprise technology space. In the process, we created a new market segment for "SAN-free data centers". Leaving a rapidly-growing Nutanix in the safe hands of my co-founders, I moved on to raise my next baby, ThoughtSpot. From November 2009 to July 2012 (2 years 9 months) Sr. Director of Product Management @ •Drove strategic partnership between Aster and SAS (find Aster-SAS partnership details here - http://www.dbms2.com/2009/10/30/aster-data-application-server-ncluster)
•Led product marketing activities for Aster including Aster Data Warehouse MapReduce Appliance launch and two major product launches (nCluster 3.0 and 4.0)
•Worked closely with Aster co-founders to build the in-database analytics vision and market positioning that resulted in Aster's "Visionary" position on Gartner's Magic Quadrant
•Directly supported sales teams during strategic sales cycles with competitive positioning and product differentiation strategies in a highly competitive and technology-intensive market
•Led product positioning discussions with leading industry analysts from Gartner, Forrester, Winter Corp, Monash Research, etc.
•Led inside sales and lead generation functions
•Led roadmap definition for Aster's nCluster product From July 2008 to November 2009 (1 year 5 months) Principal Product Manager @ • Product management responsibilities for Oracle Database's storage-related features
• Responsible for increasing market adoption, supporting sales cycles and developing references, competitive positioning and defining product roadmap
• Jointly responsible for definition of Oracle’s cloud computing strategy – working on industry analysis, business case development, product launch and strategic planning From October 2007 to July 2008 (10 months) Leader, Telematics Center of Excellence @ • Responsible for development and market launch of Honeywell’s Telematics platform, with a business case worth several hundred million dollars of revenue
• Incubated the Telematics Center of Excellence from proof-of-concept to commercialization phase and grew the team from 2 to 50 members over two years
• Led business case development, pricing strategy, marketing communication and business process definition for commercial launch of Telematics services From July 2003 to August 2007 (4 years 2 months) Product Manager @ • Product Manager for the Supply Chain Planner product, responsible for defining product roadmap,
release planning and providing functional expertise to implementation teams and pre-sales
• Managed key accounts at a multi-billion dollar semi-conductor client in US, one of the largest hi-
tech/semi conductor companies based in Europe, and one of the biggest car manufacturers in
• Solution Architect in i2 Consulting responsible for pre-sales and implementation of i2's eCommerce
products across the Asia Pacific Region From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Management Consultant @ • Management consulting, financial restructuring From 1999 to 2000 (1 year)
MBA, Finance, Information Systems @ Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta From 1997 to 1999 B Tech, Chemical Engineering @ Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur From 1993 to 1997 Ajeet Singh is skilled in: Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Storage, Distributed Systems, Analytics, Databases, Big Data, Product Management, Marketing Strategy, Entrepreneurship