Program Manager / Senior Engineer @ Health Solutions Network
Bachelor Of Arts @
University of Washington
As a software product designer I aim to delight users and position products and teams for growth through applying the best of my thinking, feeling and doing. I have executed and collaborated across the spectrum of development activities: product ideation, roadmapping, architecture, web-application design, project management, wire framing, user interface design, usability evaluation, database design, database optimization,
As a software product designer I aim to delight users and position products and teams for growth through applying the best of my thinking, feeling and doing. I have executed and collaborated across the spectrum of development activities: product ideation, roadmapping, architecture, web-application design, project management, wire framing, user interface design, usability evaluation, database design, database optimization, component development and people management.
Senior Product Developer @ * Extended the refund.me platform to allow users to submit and verify power of attorney forms online using NodeJS, BackboneJS and Heroku.
* Mentored junior developers on best practices for general web development and software design.
* Led planning & estimation of user stories. From April 2014 to July 2014 (4 months) Senior Software Developer @ * Partnered with UX to implement Getty's new search experience using .NET for enterprise services and Ruby on Rails for a presentation tier.
* Collaborated on the design and implementation of Getty's photo embed program using Ruby on Rails, AWS and go. From July 2013 to March 2014 (9 months) Greater Seattle AreaDeveloper @ * Developed a beta version of Apptentive's survey management software using Backbone.js, Ruby on Rails and MongoDB From March 2013 to July 2013 (5 months) Developer (Contract) @ • Partnered with design to develop features for an event management application to be used at a launch event for Google Glass using Android 4.2 targeting the Nexus 7.
• Developed a supporting backend REST API for the event management application using Ruby on Rails.
• Co-developed an acceptance test strategy and implementation guidelines for using Google's UiAutomator framework for an Android application targeting the Nexus 7;
• Co-developed integration of UiAutomator acceptance tests for building and running into the IntelliJ IDEA IDE using ANT. From November 2012 to February 2013 (4 months) Greater Seattle AreaSenior Software Developer @ * Designed and implemented a windows service for trade reconciliation using C#, TDD, NUnit, NHibernate and TopShelf.
* Provided guidance on effective database migration strategies. Moving from self-tracked changes to automated migrations using schema comparison tools like RedGate SQL Compare.
* Responsible from requirements to release the development of a report automation web application for the Investment Management Research department. From July 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 5 months) Greater Seattle AreaProgram Manager / Senior Engineer @ • Started and Led implementation of Scrum and XP practices
• Facilitated in-house professional development activities in test-driven development, object oriented design and team work. My team worked through books such as Growing Object Oriented Systems with Tests and Agile Principles, Patterns and Practices. From April 2009 to July 2011 (2 years 4 months) Lead Software Engineer @ • Led and developed features for billing global days procedures in McKesson's leading medical billing application using languages and tools such as C#, Winforms, Spring.NET, NUnit, C++, VB6.
• Reduced risk and increased visibility of expected functionality by implementing agilesque practices in a phase gate environment through collaborating early and often with the product owner, quality assurance and documentation writers.
• Started in-house technical reading group for professional skills development in test driven development with Pragmatic Unit Testing in C#. From 2008 to April 2009 (1 year) Lead Software Developer @ • Co-developed from formulation to release product features that doubled the response time in expanding our product formulary, increased trust from retail partners and mitigated risk of fraud from customers and partners.
• Evangilize and co-led the team in refactoring and implementing test automation using NUnit for business critical portions of our e-commerce backend, which increased customer satisfaction and increased the release rate of new feature requests.
• Re-engineered business processes and developed supporting tools that resulted in a 75% reduction of the man hours necessary to complete our weekly partner commission payout and customer refund processes.
• Evaluated performance of and mentored team members in object oriented design (e.g. S.O.L.I.D.) and design patterns. From January 2006 to July 2008 (2 years 7 months) Web Developer @ • Collaborated on several cross-disciplinary teams of educators, graphic designers and developers to design and implement e-learning websites, a course website creation tool and a content management system with ASP.NET and LAMP(erl) backends.
• Assisted and supported UW faculty in incorporating technology in education primarily through providing guidance on information architecture and usability
• Designed and implemented web traffic and financial analysis program using Visual Studio 6, ASP Classic, HTML, CSS, C++, T-SQL, SQL Server 7
• Windows NT4/2000 and SQL Server 7/2000 deployment and administration From June 1999 to March 2001 (1 year 10 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension