European Category Lead Procurement - IT, Technology & Professional Services @ Williams Lea
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
I am a skilled and passionate results driven procurement professional with strong leadership, supplier management, commercial and negotiation skills gained in a variety of challenging roles and organisations. I am a self-starter with the ability to recruit and lead a high performing team across multiple countries and lead strategic procurement projects delivering sustainable business improvements. Consistently ambitious
I am a skilled and passionate results driven procurement professional with strong leadership, supplier management, commercial and negotiation skills gained in a variety of challenging roles and organisations. I am a self-starter with the ability to recruit and lead a high performing team across multiple countries and lead strategic procurement projects delivering sustainable business improvements. Consistently ambitious with a focus and commitment to exceed expectations in all roles and objectives. I have proven leadership skills and create an enviroment which encourages all team members to reach their maximum potential
Head of Marketing Procurement @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Head of Construction & Property Professional Services Procurement @ From September 2014 to March 2015 (7 months) Head of Group IT Procurement @ I have group IT procurement accountability which includes Infrastructure, Telecoms, Professional Services, Software and Retail categories. With a team of buying managers across 5 countries I ensure that business and commercial benefits are delivered to support our stakeholders and customers. I ensure category strategies are in place enabling us to identify the best way to procure and opprtunites to make areas better and simpler. Supplier agreements are assesed, completed and reviewed globally, regionally and locally as required. My leadership style encourages innovation, personal and operational development and I set high standards encouraging all team members to exceed expectations. Alongside stretching savings targets I ensure that we have a robust supplier engagement programme.
Within the role I have been the procurement lead on two significant IT Global step change programmes. Global Datacentres and Global Wide Area Network From October 2012 to September 2014 (2 years) IT Infrastructure - Group Buying Manager @ Group Infrastructure Buying Manager
Key global buying accountabilities: Datacentres, wide area network, network switches and routers, servers, storage, data warehouse, telepresence, desktops and laptops, printing services. All infrastructure maintenance and professional services. Other key responsibilities include senior stakeholder management, people management, identifying and delivering against savings targets, leading commercial teams on key IT global outsourcing projects
Procurement lead on two major global IT step change programmes. Global Datacentre and Global Wide Area Networks. This involved developing the procurement and contractual strategies
• Commercial and contractual lead on the global datacentres outsourcing project. This is a multiyear agreement.
• Current commercial and contractual lead on the global wide area network outsourcing project. Executive level engagement and key stakeholder management required throughout the project
• UK master hardware maintenance contract renegotiated. This has been executed globally and delivering across a number of Tesco operating countries.
• Delivered the UK head office and distribution outsourcing printing agreement. This has been implemented in all European countries with an Asian roll out planned. This has step changed Tesco printing capability and usage
• Developed key procurement relationships using active stakeholder management across all business areas globally at all levels From May 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 7 months) European Category Lead Procurement - IT, Technology & Professional Services @ Direct Report: European Procurement Governance Manager
Key European buying accountabilities: All areas of IT and Technology procurement including hardware, software and professional services. Responsible for delivering opex, capex and over-rider savings. Other key responsibilities were developing a supplier relationship management programme, stakeholder management and promoting procurement across the business through strategic category planning.
• Delivered transformational change across the IT and Technology categories. There was minimal procurement involvement in both these categories prior to joining. Procurement is now seen as part of the extended team within both categories delivering significant savings and business benefits.
• Active participant in developing and delivering the European Procurement Policy and three year procurement strategy.
• Negotiated commercial and contractual terms for key technology platforms across the business using end to end procurement processes. These key technology platforms were then provided to clients as part of total outsourcing services.
• Provided procurement support and guidance in key client business wins.
• Contracts negotiated across both categories working closely with Legal From March 2009 to May 2011 (2 years 3 months) Marketing Buying Manager - Design, Creative, Packaging Artwork and Design & Promotional Merchandise @ Key Buying accountabilities: Below and above the line creative agencies including publishing, direct marketing, digital and advertising. Commercial packaging design, artwork, reprographics and photography. Key responsibilities include commercial and contractual negotiations using end to end procurement processes, forecasting and delivering savings targets, developing procurement and marketing strategies, delivering strategic business to business unit plans.
• Successfully identified and managed a strategic digital pitch working alongside senior stakeholders. This delivered savings whilst significantly improving creative and marketing outputs.
• Developed a new buying portfolio within Tesco. The design and creative portfolio was new for procurement upon being appointed to the role.
• Joined up artwork and reprographics packaging procurement across Clothing, Hardlines and Food.
• Increased competition within all areas of the buying portfolio by the introduction of new suppliers and challenging the current supply base.
• Introduced a formal process for Supplier Management: Governance meetings, KPI reports, quarterly scorecards and strategic business unit plans. From June 2007 to March 2009 (1 year 10 months) IT Buying Manager - Hardware @ Key Buying accountabilities: IT hardware including desktop and laptops, mainframes, store servers, cabling, distribution hardware and all associated maintenance contracts. Negotiated through a tender process a deal for a strategic refresh server programme. Managed through regular reviews the head office and distribution hardware maintenance contracts serviced. From February 2006 to May 2007 (1 year 4 months) Buyer - Software Licenses and Software Maintenance @ Reviewed and re-negotiated all software maintenance agreements delivering significant savings. Managed and completed a review of all software licenses with a strategic software reseller to ensure legal compliance. Reallocated unused licenses where appropriate From June 2005 to February 2006 (9 months) Graduate Buyer - Meetings/conference & audio,video and web conferencing @ Video, Web and Audio conferencing and External Meetings/Conferences From September 2004 to May 2005 (9 months)
2:1 Medical Biochemistry, Biochemistry @ The University of Sheffield From 2000 to 2003 Adrian Jackson is skilled in: Retail, Stakeholder Management, Procurement, Supply Management, Purchasing, Team Leadership, Outsourcing, Project Management, Negotiation, Vendor Management, Change Management, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain, Sourcing, E-commerce, Strategic Sourcing, Management, Contract Negotiation, Process Improvement
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension