I don’t believe that there are many people who have a job that they enjoy as much as I enjoy mine for which I am extremely grateful. I work with a wonderful range of the most exciting clients on the planet and help to change how they think about social media within their businesses. The end result
I don’t believe that there are many people who have a job that they enjoy as much as I enjoy mine for which I am extremely grateful. I work with a wonderful range of the most exciting clients on the planet and help to change how they think about social media within their businesses. The end result is that sometimes my ideas are seen by literally millions of people.
The fact that social media is a new phenomena means that not only can I be relatively “maverick”…it’s positively expected of me and perhaps my greatest skill is to use this freedom to articulate quite complex concepts in a different way so that even non-technical people are able to understand both the problem and the solution.
Generally, I do three things:
Speak - I talk to audiences (internal and external) about the impact of social media on business, on how to gain competitive advantage with it and how to solve some of the inevitable challenges they will face in becoming a social business.
Consult - I work closely with some of the world’s best known brands to help them formalise their social strategy and work out how they can implement it efficiently across their organisation with a minimum of risk.
Write - I’ve written the bestselling “Brilliant Social Media” published by Pearson and countless short articles and white papers and I am currently working on two more books on the subject.
From my experience, most businesses have realised that social media is here to stay and that they have to find a way to harness its power if they want to remain competitive. However, many of them either don’t know where to start or having started they are running up against problems in implementing their vision. I help them overcome both of these challenges.
When I work with these organisations I bring a credibility and honesty based on 25 years in marketing (digital marketing for most of it and for the last 8 years exclusively in social media) and I am always honest with them about what’s realistic and what isn’t.
Client Social Engagement Lead, EMEA @ I like to think that I have the most important job in social media - I help Oracle’s corporate clients to be more innovative and to better understand how they can use social media to engage their clients and gain competitive advantage.
It is my dream job because I travel all over Europe, the Middle East and Africa working with the biggest and most innovative brands helping them to crystallise their social media vision and identify what the roadblocks are to successful realisation of that strategy and then helping them to overcome those roadblocks.
I’m responsible for helping clients integrate social media in to their businesses and supporting the sales process at both a strategic and an operational level. I help clients monitor and asses their success in the social space and teach them how to interpret these results in a way which drives better behaviours, greater success and bottom line benefit.
- social media strategy
- internal team alignment & sell-in
- process engineering
- KPI identification and benchmarking
- ROI analysis From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomAuthor - a guide to Social Media Marketing @ I am very proud that I was approached by Pearson (the world’s largest publisher) to write their first book about social media marketing as part of their “Brilliant” series. Brilliant Social Media is now available in most bookshops. I am currently writing two more books about social media and how to use it effectively in business.
Brilliant Social Media, published by Pearson is a step-by-step manual for businesses that want to leverage the amazing opportunity created by social media marketing. Brilliant social media is available in all bookstores. It is Pearson’s first book on the subject and it guides the reader through the journey of understanding and applying social media marketing in an effective and risk-free manner.
why social media works for business
- the problem with traditional marketing
- why social media marketing is the future
- overarching principles that you must remember
- getting started
choosing and using platforms
- selecting the right social media platforms
- LinkedIn - Facebook - Twitter - Google+ - YouTube
- the best of the rest
making social media work harder
- tools to better manage your social media marketing accounts
- how to measure your success in social media marketing
- refining your presence
- social media monitoring
- other things you need to know
- understanding and managing risks
- how to build social media marketing in to the rest of your digital marketing
The book is a resource that you can refer back to as you move through your social media profiles and hone your presence. From August 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 11 months) Social Media Marketing Director & Owner @ Providing exceptional advice and support to organisations so they can use social media in the most effective and beneficial ways.
I work closely with senior management and marketing teams to help them devise, then implement a strategy which is unique to their organisation and highly effective at delivering increased engagement and improved profitability.
Often the relationship centres around finding a way to add social media to their existing marketing then upskilling the team to be able to run various platforms, tools and campaigns that will be necessary for a successful implementation. Typically this encompasses such diverse things as; safety & security, key performance indicators, goal setting, moderating and tracking & measurement.
Sometime, clients with an established presence are seeking more rigorous examinations of their success, ROI and social analytics.
- social media strategy
- social media marketing
- social media ROI analysis
- social media planning
- social media management From January 2009 to June 2014 (5 years 6 months) St Albans, United KingdomManaging Director, Owner & Head of Digital Marketing @ For 7 years Lemon worked with clients from start-ups through to blue chips, to help them understand why their existing marketing wasn't serving them as well as it should, and then changing this to deliver big improvements through the application of social media marketing, digital marketing and more engaging messages.
I was predominantly responsible for digital marketing, social media marketing, business development, client retention, strategic planning.
Our clients included - Hertfordshire Constabulary, Epson, Starbucks, Clerical Medical and The Canadian High Commission.
- social media marketing
- digital marketing
- marketing change strategies
- maximising marketing ROI
- focused communication From May 2003 to January 2010 (6 years 9 months) being a dad! @ I had become a dad 6 months earlier, and fate gave me the opportunity to take 12 months away from work, which I spent with my wife and daughter - without a doubt the most rewarding year of my life so far! From March 2002 to April 2003 (1 year 2 months) Digital Marketing Director @ Responsible for setting-up and running the digital marketing division of this small London design agency. Challenging the brief to ask "why not" was a speciality of the agency, and developing clients' thinking in the online sphere was our raison d'être.
Whilst at Asylum I was able to push the envelope for digital marketing and social media marketing for a number of clients including Unilever and Criterion Software - a subsidiary of Canon.
My specific responsibilities included; digital marketing, finding and acquiring clients, retaining clients, tailoring the agency’s offering depending on industry.
Clients included: Unilever, DeutscheBank, Canon and Hutchison Telecom (now '3').
Specialities: online brand creation and development, customer capture strategies, business development, online planning, marketing. From February 2000 to February 2002 (2 years 1 month) London, United KingdomAccount Director @ Revolution was (at the time) one of the top 10 integrated UK agencies and was the first full service agency which focussed on digital marketing.
In my role I was responsible for the ongoing profitability and development of key accounts, and the continued development of my division.
Clients included: One2One (prior to acquisition by T-Mobile), Green Flag, Virgin Vie and Coutts & Co Bank.
It was at Revolution, a company that specialised in "Net Centric" solutions to marketing problems that I gained a real understanding and grounding in the digital marketing world, working on some of the very first online communities and portals.
Specialities: Digital marketing strategy & implementation, online community development, business development, sales From September 1998 to February 2000 (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomProject Director @ Within this small strategic marketing consultancy I was responsible for a number of key projects for the main client, Canon Europa NV and Canon UK, and also worked with The V&A Museum.
- Analysis of the Russian marketing prior to Canon's official launch.
- Official Canon launch - Moscow
- Product launches - Spain
- Rebranding of Canon photography dealer network - UK
- Personal Office Products merchandising - Russia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Spain
- Training - South Africa & Saudi Arabia.
It was whilst I was at the Sure Group that I became fascinated with using new technologies and techniques to solve exiting problems more efficiently.
Specialities: New market development strategies - CEE & Russia, Territory specific problem solving. From December 1993 to August 1998 (4 years 9 months) London, United KingdomOwner @ After securing business angel funding from two key sources, I was able to launch Kraft, a Knightsbridge based showroom retailing the finest audio equipment available.
Because of the location we became the supplier of choice for a number of celebrities, heads of state and royal families and our work was frequently installed by us overseas.
It was here that I first discovered my love of marketing and my desire to "get people to buy" rather then "selling" to them. From 1990 to 1992 (2 years)
Statistics, Mathematics, 2.1 @ University of California, Berkeley From 2012 to 2013 LTCL - Performer's Diploma @ Trinity College of Music From 1984 to 1987 Adam Gray is skilled in: Social Media Marketing, Social Media, Social Media Measurement, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing, ROI analysis, Professional Speaker, Social Media training, Marketing Strategy, Social Networking