I am a passionate, driven, visionary, and goal oriented person with demonstrated experience in planning and developing information services solutions that align with the business objectives. I am able to develop technical plans for large-scale implementations, maintenance lifecycles, quality assurance and training. I am adept at crisis management, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, creative thinking, and negotiating. I possess ten
I am a passionate, driven, visionary, and goal oriented person with demonstrated experience in planning and developing information services solutions that align with the business objectives. I am able to develop technical plans for large-scale implementations, maintenance lifecycles, quality assurance and training. I am adept at crisis management, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, creative thinking, and negotiating. I possess ten years of experience in systems and/or network monitoring and management, capacity planning, project management, resource management, cross functional team training, vendor management, security and disaster recovery planning and five years of experience in product management and application development.
Founder - CTO @ We are a group of talented individuals, primarily in the Healthcare industry. We are mostly focused in the application and use of informatics in the field. We provide consulting services as well as work on our own custom applications that we believe someday will contribute to an informatics revolution in the industry. From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Greater Atlanta AreaSenior Technical Architect @ From April 2015 to Present (7 months) Senior Technical Architect - Consultant @ From April 2015 to July 2015 (4 months) Director of IT @ First off, do not let the title fool you. While still being very hands on and involved in most if not all initiatives, the purpose behind the shift was to allow me to play a bigger role in forecasting changes/needs and help us prepare for these, as well as help accelerate and serve as a value add in the execution of the remaining initiatives for the year.
As well as to continue to develop the entire team in an effort to keep continuing to deliver in what I believe are the four key features a successful IT team should posses build/deploy/scale/maintain. I must add that by the end of the year IT had now become a value add to the entire organization when it came to achieving business oriented objectives.
- Enhancement of our current system and network monitoring system (PRTG), along with the introduction of a NOC-like mentality and environment.
- Introduction and implementation of a Virtualization road-map using Hyper V.
- Introduction of new routing & switching equipment (Cisco).
- Implementation of a Nationwide MPLS network.
- Workstation migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 using SCCM 2012.
- Enabled our support and field team with better tool-sets to do their remote support job more effectively while increasing the quality of customer interaction (i.e.: Goverlan). From September 2014 to March 2015 (7 months) Director of DevOps @ I found my next adventure to be here, there was a need for someone who had done both development/infrastructure at a senior level capacity and serve as a DevOps lead in order to accelerate our journey towards success.
Most of my initial work was focused around stabilizing the environment from an infrastructure standpoint, in an effort to solidify our foundation before building on top of it. Once this was accomplished I felt that we were in a better place to start focusing on big picture items and be able to align ourselves with the business objectives and therefore serve as a value add to the organization and not your typical organizational cost center.
- Stabilized our Active Directory and Networking infrastructure which spans across 30 different locations nation-wide. most of this was a result of re-designing both Active Directory and Network topology's in order to improve AD replication, enhance DNS resolution, reduce network latency and increase network up-time.
- In charge of designing and executing on data center migrations into private/public clouds (Rackcloud, Rackspace, Peak10, AWS).
- Heavily involve in the design and execution of Continuous Integration (CI) environments utilizing solutions like Team City and Octopus Deploy.
- Served as a lead in the introduction and adoption of both Agile and Kanban methodologies across both development and infrastructure teams.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of 30+ SQL Server instances in standalone as well as clustered environments. From December 2013 to September 2014 (10 months) Senior Technical Manager @ During this time period I wore multiple hats, I started off as a Systems Engineer however as a result of going through the growing pains of a growing company. I did anything and everything from low level help desk when needed, system/network/database/application development, implementation and management, I mean you name it I did it.
As we continued to grow, I was fortunate enough to be a lead and key player in the build (from the ground up) of a state of the art cancer diagnostics laboratory.
Later I moved on to a more strategic role which involved serving as a lead in development initiatives. These initiatives followed Agile practices that guided us through the development of applications which enabled us to be elastic during times where business priorities shifted (like that ever happens, right? :)
Lastly I felt that my job here was done and that it was time to prove myself as an individual (mostly to myself) elsewhere. From October 2007 to December 2013 (6 years 3 months) Alpharetta, Georgia AreaConsultant Specialist @ Infrastructure and Security consulting. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicNetwork Engineer @ Systems and Network engineer. From 2001 to 2005 (4 years)
Abraham Reyes is skilled in: Microsoft SQL Server, Laboratory Informatics, Infrastructure..., Development Management, Product Management, Microsoft Server..., System Center Products, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Group Policy, Distributed File Systems, Encryption, Email Encryption, Sophos, Penetration Testing, Nessus, Backtrack, Cloud Computing, Cloud Applications, Cloud Security, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Watchguard, Dell PowerEdge Servers, Dell OpenManage, Stored Procedures, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Data Interfaces, SharePoint, HL7, XML, Virtualization, Web Development, High Availability, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Business Intelligence, Team Building, Team Leadership, Data Center, Storage, Integration, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Databases
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension